Re: RAC and network failures

From: Q A I S E R <qrasheed_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:38:56 -0500

Ray,

In our testing for network failures in RAC, we pulled the network cables between two nodes of cluster. In our case we had node eviction for one node and the other
RAC instance survived. We have VERITAS DBE/ AC 3.5, RAC 9.2.0.5, Solaris 8.

Note Note:219361.1 at metalink gives you more detail on communication errors and cluster reconfiguration due to various reasons, including Network issues.

Qaiser