Rollback to Undo in a RAC env.

From: GUPTA, DEEPENDER <DGUPTA_at_entergy.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:24:20 -0500

Hi All,

I am planning to covert the undo management from MANUAL to AUTO in a RAC environment with 2 nodes.

My question is, do I need to shutdown both the instances for doing this or can I change this parameter for 1 instance at a time. Can oracle mount 2 different instances with different UNDO management at a given point of time?

Last time when I upgraded the compatible parameter to 9200 I tried it one by one first and I got the error message ORA-1105 as one instance was mounted with compatible parameter 817 and I was trying to mount the other one with compatible parameter 9200.

Also pls advise if any type of performance problems has been observed with AUM. Regards