Re: ((Re)): Really Wierd Query tuning issue

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:44:57 +0300

> What does the 10046 trace use to get the explain plan? I thought it used
the same stuff as autotrace? I had thought that only 'explain plan for' could be inaccurate?

10046 trace (also KST trace) is the ultimate source for information, since it is a trace - the actual operations are logged instead of simulated or replayed in possibly different environment like with explain plan and autotrace (yes, autotrace uses explain plan)

So, trust 10046 and forget about explain plan, this is mostly for development & experimental environments...

Tanel.