RE: raid 5 disaster

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:06:41 -0400

Mike,

Explain to them that they are using a screwdriver to drive nails. They chose the wrong tool for the job. It is not a database issue. It is an application issue.

That being said, show them how to spool data via a select statement rather than using dbms_output. I would even convert one "report" for them and run the two versions with timing turned on to show them how much faster it is.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional