RE: Is it just me

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:10:49 -0400

It still ultimately has the usage profile of 'freeze transactions because we wrapped redo logs' if you run out of space to grow the flashback area. Presumably retention guarantee would have to be able to do the similar freeze until it could grow or the retention time limit is reached so stuff could get tossed. Even so, I still don't see how a time boundary could guarantee that the requisite copy out to audit tables was complete.

In my thinking audit trails have to be Murphy aware, and this scenario just begs to be broken.

mwf