Re: PUP table

From: Tracy Rahmlow <tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:10:00 -0500

What happens when "Joe User" downloads the next client application (e.g. PL/SQL Developer) and you don't know about it? The data access should be controlled within the database not outside it utilizing features such as object privileges and roles.

"Ehresmann, David" <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
08/12/2004 03:28 PM
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     "'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        PUP table

I am trying to disable DML thru applications like TOAD, etc.. . The below statements I
have inserted into the PUP table and still can SELECT as the userid in TOAD.
I have tested this
in SQL*PLUS and it worked. I could restrict SELECT from Joe in SQL*PLUS.

INSERT INTO PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
VALUES ('TOAD', 'JOE', 'SELECT', NULL, NULL, 'DISABLED', NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
VALUES ('TOAD.exe', 'JOE', 'SELECT', NULL, NULL, 'DISABLED', NULL, NULL); I have inserted these rows as the system user and committed. Why can I still select thru TOAD?

thanks,

David Ehresmann

American Express made the following
 annotations on 08/12/2004 02:09:41 PM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."