Re: relation shared pool elements phys mem

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:21:46 +0300

> I have found “Diagnosing and Resolving ORA-4030 errors” (Note 233869.1).
> There is reference to the EVENT: 10261. It is seems that this event can be
> useful for the purpose that we are discussing.

I've not used 10261 myself, but there's also a _pga_max_size parameter, which might help you in your case.

> .
> Are you aware, dose heapdump and 10261 works well in MTS env.?

Heapdump should work ok in MTS if you use the following: event = "4030 trace name heapdump level 1" (or level 4 to get UGA information).

That way the MTS server process hitting ORA-4030 will write the heapdump to trace. Of course if you don't get 4030's at all, this won't be of any help..

Otherwise, when taking heapdumps from other processes with oradebug, you might dump a process too late (or too early), when it already has serviced your problematic session, thus you might see wrong information...

Tanel.