RE: 10g InstantClient SQL*Plus problem [used to be: SQL*Plus startup commands]

From: Thalis Kalfigopoulos <t.kalfigopoulos_at_alumil.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:36:41 +0300

> -----Original Message-----
> From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of gparc_at_free.fr
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:46 AM
> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
> Subject: Re: 10g InstantClient SQL*Plus problem [used to be: SQL*Plus startup commands]
>

> Thalis,
>
> For the new Sql*Plus settings see:
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b12170/whatsnew.htm#sthref13

Darn! I should have read this till the end of the page, when Niall sent it yesterday. Apologies.

> For Ora-012560 :
>
> Have you follow the directives in the Readme I pointed you before ?
> Does the service name in your connect string match the one of the listener ?
> Specifically does it contain the domain name ?
>
> HTH
Apologies revisited. I should have read the long installation doc rather than the short one. It was a naming problem (haven't reached that chapter in my readings yet 8-). Now I give on the command line "sqlplus uname/passwd_at_DB" and works (haven't touched tnsnames.ora).
Still I got an error:
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Fixed it by setting env. variable NLS_LANG=American_America.WE8ISO8859P1

Now the sqlplus client is running (at least I authenticate).

Thanks all.

Thalis Kalfigopoulos
IT Department
Alumil S.A.