RE: 10046 Trace Pronunciation

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:14:45 -0400

Having attempted to use the CBO in 7.0.13, Wolfganging the optimizer would have seemed completely appropriate.

But if the usage is "made a Wolfgang trace," it sounds a lot better. Sigh. So much for me coining names.

Maybe doing a Breitling is less abusable.

For Wolfgang's sake I hope the Peoplesoft acquisition goes through so he doesn't have to see the version of the CBO where they reverse the comparator on total plan cost if Peoplesoft(ware) is detected on the system. I wonder how that will show up with a 10053?

mwf