Re: nomenclature standardization: where best to put oraInventory?

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:18:30 +0300

Tanel,
I had the same practice before discovered problem with non-default naming policy for oraInventory, oui & jre directories. I don’t remember, but some patching staff doesn’t work on non-default directories.
After that I prefer to play with mv command before any installation.

PS I recall first installation of Collaboration Suite, then there was hard coded host name in the one of installation scripts ;)

Jurijs