Re: Query works fine in 8i and not in 9i

From: Daniel W. Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:57:55 -0600

Abraham,

If you hint the 9.2 query to use a nested_loop, what is the performance?

There are some significant differences in the costs and rows expected between the plans. This tells me that there are some significant differences in the parameters, statistics and/or nature/layout (# of data rows is the same) of the data. For example, if the number of leaf blocks and the # of distinct keys are different, the number of i/o operations to retrieve the index entries will be different (reflected in the cost). If the clustering factor of the index is different, the number of i/os to retrieve the table records will be different.

Regards,
Daniel Fink