Re: 10046 Trace Pronunciation

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:38:15 +0100

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:52:01 -0700 (PDT), Lee Lee <dumbdba_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> When explaining to another person that I am going to
> do a 10046 trace what is the best why to say it?

As a Guru I would clearly say

'Ah young student, consider the sky how it displays the route of the silver birds, likewise we also should examine the route of the instructions through our datastore'

but as I hate with a vengance the term guru as applied to IT professionals I tend to say, inaccurately but shortly, "ten forty six trace" or just "trace the session. "

I like Extended SQL Trace as well, especially as if they say "whats that?" I can give them Cary and Jeff's book

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

P.S. Architect is worse than Guru, but only marginally.