Re: 10046 Trace Pronunciation

From: Daniel W. Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:04:13 -0600

For user/developer, I'd say "Extended SQL Trace". Since "SQL Trace" is already part of the Oracle vocabulary and is used by supplied packages and commands, it makes sense to refer to it this way.

For other dbas, I tend to say 'one zero zero four six'. Lately, I've been thinking how cumbersome this is and have started to refer to these events by their last few digits. For example, 10046 is a 46 trace, 10053 is a 53 trace, etc. Since my speech is usually the bottleneck, I need to improve my vocabulary throughput by reducing it's workload.

Daniel Fink