Re: Is it just me

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:49:32 +1000

Connor McDonald apparently said,on my timestamp of 11/08/2004 11:30 PM:
> Its like the "audit" facility on a system I've recently seen. ins/upd/del on every single table -
> every single row change logged to a single audit table which (in order to handle all tables) has
> columns (renamed to preserve anonymity)

:) I can see we are in the same country! I just finished one that originally had a single audit table. All ins/upd/del PLUS all sel were logged!!!!!!!!! Table, data, user, function and screen used. Unreal.

DB was nearing 100Gb, real data was about 35Gb. Needless to say, the deranged idea got knocked on the head in the new design. Still, took a while to convince them it was ludicrous! Previous Access users...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto