Re: I think a LAN Administrator goofed me

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:45:45 -0700

> My illustrious LAN administrator re-permission the D: partition on the
> Win2K server that is hosting an Oracle 9i database (a small one). Since
> this has happened the users can not connect to the database receiving an
> ora-12541 error.
>
> I tried to do the following:
> <at command level sql-plus>
>
> Connect sys as SYSDBA
>
> Then at the Password prompt after hitting enter I get a ORA-12560
> TNS:Protocol Adapter Error.

Check the obvious stuff first.

Set ORACLE_SID=<your sid> on the command line.

Is this in sqlnet.ora?

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) Is the listener up?

Right click on D:\Oracle, select Properties and look at the Security tab.

Who has access?

Default is 'Everyone'. A good reason to secure your server BTW.

HTH Jared