RE: Oracle Change Control for SOX

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:47:27 -0700

Ron,

>We are struggling with SOX change control compliance. Does anyone know
>of any good Oracle change control / change management software? I am
>looking for something that will backup old object versions as it moves
>in the new versions and be able to recover and report the changes.

We use Merant PVCS (currently Serena, don't know what the product has been renamed to), and have been using this in conjunction with a code movement tool called Kintana (now from Mercury). The new version supports a fully web based client as well as WebDAV. Command line interface has been around a while as well.

This tool has exactly what you are asking for. However, be aware that there are quite a number of Open Source tools out there that can also has the same/similar functionality.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I Jn 4:18