Re: SNAPSHOT REFRESH

From: Faan DeSwardt <faan_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:21:56 -0700

Seema,

I have seen this happen when you refresh instances and use DBMS_JOB to refresh your materialized views (AKA snapshots). What usually happens is that just after you open the database (after creating the control file of the new instance and perform any recovery if hot backup was used) the DBMS_JOB runs and refreshes the MV's in the new instance and resets the MV logs on the source (usually production!).

If this is your case then include an 'ALTER SYSTEM SET JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES = 0;' in your rebuild script just before you issue the 'ALTER DATABASE OPEN [RESETLOGS];' statement. Once the DB is open then include a step to drop the DBMS_JOB that refreshes the MV's and then issue an 'ALTER SYSTEM SET JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES = n;' where n is the value that you would like to run in your non-production instances.

Good Luck!

-f