Re: Tuning Query w/database link

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:04:41 -0700

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote on 08/06/2004 01:44:22 PM:
> You might also try your remote access as an inline query. In older
> versions, this would result in the inline query being passed to remote
> db and the result set passed back as a single operation, not a series of

> network trips during a join.
> Example (from memory):
> select *
> from (select * from test_view_at_remotenode where alra_id = 100001) a,
> project_accounting_costs b
> where b.source_id = a.alra_id
> /

Given our recent discussions on subqueries and Oracle's apparent freedom to re-arrange them however it sees fit, I'm not too sure you could rely on this.

How about the DRIVING_SITE hint? This could be used to force the optimizer at the remote db to evaluate the query for the tables local to it.

Jared