Re: RE: Time to read 6000 (block size 2k) blocks

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:12:50 +0300

Rows Row Source Operation

-------  ---------------------------------------------------
      1  SORT UNIQUE
      1   COUNT STOPKEY
      1    NESTED LOOPS
   4766     TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID PROFILEDUSER (it has 450,000 rows)
   4767      INDEX RANGE SCAN (PROFILEDUSER_IX03)
      1     TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID EXTENDEDATTRIBUTES (it has 15,000
rows)
   9530      INDEX UNIQUE SCAN (ATTRIBUTES_PK)

The idea is: to start NL with EXTENDEDATTRIBUTES table. Bacause in SQL you have E.CUSTOMERID = 'ABCDEFGH', and this seems ID value, which will return 1 row, instead 4766 loops thought PROFILEDUSER.

Try to get EXTENDEDATTRIBUTES as driven table. Or I am wrong ?

Jurijs
+371 9268222 (+2 GMT)

Thank you for teaching me.
http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

jaysingh1_at_optonline.net
06.08.2004 18:14
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: RE: Time to read 6000 (block size 2k) blocks

Jurijs

Same execution plan. Nothing got changed.