RE: standards

From: Poras, Henry R. <Henry_Poras_at_dfci.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:17:19 -0400

I agree. Users don't need to know if something is a table or view (they shouldn't know).

True story from last week. Peoplesoft appends _VW to their views. On a recent upgrade they decided a current view should become a table. Drop the view in the DB and create the table. Of course that original view name is used in their code so now their is a database table named _VW.

Bad idea.

Henry