RE: Materialized view create/refresh slowly

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:26:52 -0400

Use PQO on source and Target

Waleed

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fenng [mailto:dbanotes_at_gmail.com]=20 Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 10:50 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Materialized view create/refresh slowly

Hi,all,

I meet a question about materialized view:

In a LAN env,remote DB (hp-ux /Oracle 9201 EE) has a table named BASE_TB ( 6 million records ), table's size is bout 20M; at local db(linux / Oracle 9204 EE) ,
I create a MV use the following SQL:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW base_tb_local
BUILD IMMEDIATE
REFRESH fast START WITH SYSDATE NEXT trunc(SYSDATE) + 1 WITH ROWID
AS SELECT * FROM base_tb_at_dblinkname
;

slow-going, took me about one hour . then I ftp a big file to remote ,and download a big file from remote db's site , the speed is OK, very fast. .

I tried to refresh the MV ,slowly......then at remote db ,I do some trace about the session.Such as :

execute dbms_system.set_ev(<sid>,<serial>,10046,12,'');

and found that :

I know "ela" is about time , in the trace file,"ela=3D 7757175 " ,means 77571750ms ? my GOD!

Would you like give me some advise about this ?

Thanks anyway!!

--=20
David Fenng
http://www.dbanotes.net=20
some articles about Oracle RDBMS 8i/9i/10g (in Chinese)