DBA positions for Amazon in the UK open

From: <mail_at_jmc-consultants.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:45:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
  I hope no one minds me abusing the list but it=92s in a good cause J=20

We're are currently recruiting more DBA=92s for our UK team based in the London area.
This team operates as an extension of the larger US team, handling
global on-call during the UK day, for all of Amazon=92s databases and also taking on projects, design and R&Dwork. We're looking for a high level of DBA skill, but that doesn't necessarily equate to years of experience, academic degrees or certifications. If you think you can handle a challenging environment, email me your CV privately at mail_at_jmc-consultants.com .

You must be eligible to work in the UK, and if you are not here now, you
would have to relocate yourself to take this position.=20 Anyway, send
me your questions and cv if you are interested.=20 Please find the job description below

Thanks,

Jim

Amazon.co.uk is currently seeking a talented Oracle database
administrator. The ideal candidate will have experience with
large-scale, massively concurrent, highly available distributed Oracle
systems. Candidates should have a proven ability to rapidly master
complex new skills and concepts, as well as the ability to work
independently and self-motivate. Successful candidates for this
position will have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot complex
technical problems under pressure. Excellent interpersonal
communication skills are required.

Amazon.co.uk seeks candidates who have innovative and unconventional
approaches to systems architecture, performance tuning, backup and
recovery, high availability and scalability. Knowledge of all
supporting infrastructure components , including operating systems,
hardware/storage configurations and networks is required. Candidates
should have excellent Unix skills and a grasp of fundamental computing
concepts such as system calls, memory management and program
debugging. Competitive salary and stock options offered.