RE: max proccesses connected to database

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:25:35 -0500

Here's a ksh script and sql we use to list the resource activity

        Larry

$DBS where we keep our source
$OR Oracle Reports
ENV.$DB all environment variables if we ever have to make a change we only update one script
DB a table that only has a few columns name(Database name), server(server name) etc.

        We don't use V$DATABASE because too many would show PROD instead of BOST, NWYK,KNOX,CHGO,DALL,ATLA,JACK,HOUS,SFRN,PHNX etc.

#!/bin/ksh
# Written by Lawrence Wolfson 07/25/02
# DB VRL LIST FOR High Water Marks
#

HWMs ()
 (
  . $DBS/ENV.$DB
  print "
  @$DBS/VRL
  EXIT" |\
  sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
  mv $OR/VRL.$ORACLE_SID $OR/VRL.$ORACLE_SID.$DT3  )

DT3=`date +%y%j%H%M`
DBS={your source}
cd $DBS
#for DB in `cut -f 1 -d':' /var/opt/oracle/oratab` #multiple SIDs
# do
# HWMs $DB

DB=PROD
     HWMs $DB
# done

--Written by Lawrence Wolfson 05/29/01
--V$RESOURCE_LIMIT
SET ECHO ON
SET LINESIZE 256
SET PAGESIZE 1000
COL RESOURCES FOR A24

COL CURR      FOR 999,999
COL MAX       FOR 999,999

SPOOL $OR/VRL.$ORACLE_SID
SELECT name

      ,RESOURCE_NAME       RESOURCES
      ,CURRENT_UTILIZATION CURR
      ,MAX_UTILIZATION     MAX
      ,INITIAL_ALLOCATION  INITIALLY
      ,LIMIT_VALUE
      ,to_char(SYSDATE,'mm/dd/yy hh24:mi:ss') timestamp
  FROM V$RESOURCE_LIMIT
      ,DB

;
SPOOL OFF -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 11:20 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: max proccesses connected to database

I am not sure you are asking for, may be this can be usefull for you SYS:XXX> select * from V$LICENSE;

SESSIONS_MAX SESSIONS_WARNING SESSIONS_CURRENT SESSIONS_HIGHWATER USERS_MAX

------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------
----------
           0                0                5                 14 0

SYS:XXX> Alert log, as well

Shutting down instance (abort)
License high water mark = 502
Instance terminated by USER, pid = 19050 Tue Jun 1 13:25:09 2004
Starting ORACLE instance (normal)

Jurijs
+371 9268222 (+2 GMT)

Thank you for teaching me.
http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

"Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
05.08.2004 18:55
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        max proccesses connected to database

Sorry I don't remember and I could'nt find in documentation and I need urgent.

how can I get the statistics about the maximum processes conected to the database

Thanks

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.