Interesting Situation

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have two Database server D1 and D2 and both have Netscape web server like N1 and N2. I am running one of the Perl script on both N1 and N2. N1 is having all configuration pointed to D1 as local to the server and N2 is pointing to D2. Today I notice that if I Refresh this Perl script on N1 , it query the database D1 and show the output on the page. But If I refresh few time, it goes to D2 and give me the output which is incorrect as D1 is secondary and contain offline content and D2 is primary and contain Live Data. THis happen after every few refreshes. Here is some of the troubleshootin been done

  1. grep the Environment variable and all Host as well SID, TNS_ADMIN etc point to D1
  2. Web server Access log also show that each refresh has gone to N1 and nothing been redirected to N2 as mine Local PC IP address is not coming on N2 Webserver Log file
  3. Listener.log on N1 shows that all connection on each refresh is going to Database D1 and when I am getting the False or wrong output of D2on D1 screen, I have seen that connection first been gone to D1 and then to D2
  4. There is no public database link on D1
  5. There is no eaxtra tnsnames.ora entry on D1 for any database except Local

Any Other tip or thought

TIA
Sanjay

Do you Yahoo!?