RE: OT: standards

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:08:22 -0400

I don't think that all public employees are bloodsucking vermin. I have = observed the people who actually are capable of, and perform work are = immediately burdened beyond capacity. However,Delaware, by removing the = 20% dead wood will simply have to recategorize 20% of the formerly = capable employees as, "The new dead wood" and start the cycle over. =20

From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us> Sent: Aug 5, 2004 6:41 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: OT: standards

Here's a happy note Ellis to lift you out of your gloom....In Statetech =
=3D

magazine I read this morning, "In 2001, the state (Delaware) dissolved =
=3D

the IT organization, then spent two years rebuilding it from =3D scratch....by making the state's salary structure similar to private =3D industry, Delaware was able to rehire about 80% of its IT staff and also =
=3D

lured tech workers from the private sector." =3D20

A careful reading of that sentence tells me that Delaware was able to =
=3D

SHED 20% of it's dead weight... Way to go Delaware! Anyway, Ellis you =
=3D

have provided the most entertaining reading I have experienced in =3D awhile. If you give up on IT you can join Scott Adams (Dilbert) or Dave =
=3D

Barry as a commentator. <g>