RE: Transaction table- Keep Pool

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:56:26 -0500

Sami

   The general advice on the KEEP pool is to look for objects you want to keep in memory. This means they should be fairly small and frequently used. I don't know what you mean by a transaction table. To me a transaction table is something you are continually appending new transactions to, and rarely reading. My largest table is a transaction table, labeled as such by the application vendor. The very opposite of what you'd want cached.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis