RE: Oracle 7.3.4 - woes deepen, pls advise

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:19:48 -0400

First, select * from v$recover_file to verify the recovery is complete

Second, verify the problem tablespace is online

Third, determine what the tablespace is "full" of. If only temporary segments remain then cycling the tablespace offline and online might clear it up. In this case you could also try to coalesce the tablespace: alter session set events 'immediate trace name coalesce level n' where n is the file#

Forth, if problems still persist then if the problem tablespace is dedicated to this one user's objects then drop tablespace x including contents

Finally you could try dropping individual objects in the tablespace.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --