Re: standards

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:51:58 +0200

Splendid.

And it brings me back to the very valid point Cary made to me some years ago when we were in Honolulu together for the OAUG - remember the one where Oracle pulled all financial support two weeks before the start of the conference?

That was the beginning of the Mark Jarvis Master Plan (MJMP) to kill off user groups and get some real messages out to customers instead :).

Anyway, Cary's point was (I think) to focus on worst practices instead of best practices. When you constantly look for best practices you will always be falling behind reality, and there will be no impetus for moving the bar up. If you look for worst practices (things not to do), then you'll learn and grow and become smarter and you can steadily add to the list... or just move the bar up, up and away.

Mogens