RE: OTTOTOT: Fantastic reviews

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:23:29 -0400

Isn't 10053 just 10046 on level 7? (10046+7=10053). Just kidding. Yeah, a book like that would be more then needed, because CBO is a very complex topic. Tom Kyte, in his "Effective Design" book has some very good tips and tricks about CBO, but there are no papers specifying exactly how to read it. Wolfgang has a spectacular paper about 10053 and CBO on his Centrex page. I doubt that 10053 per se would be enough for a book, but combined with Steve Adams style insight in the entrails of the CBO and explanation of testing methodology, that would be more then enough.