Use of open source facities with Oracle

From: Peter Robson <pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:43:02 +0100

People,

This brief note comes with approval from the boss (thanks, Jared).

Basically, I am exploring the possibilities of putting on a UK-OUG meeting to look at the different ways open source stuff is helping the Oracle community. If any one is reading this, is based in the UK, and would be interested in either attending, or even better still perhaps making an informal presentation, I would really like to hear from you. So we are talking about things like Linux, Apache, but particularly Perl, Python, Tcl, as well as some of the many and various applications which have appeared based on one or other of the above.

And yes, I have indeed been in touch with Jared and Andy Duncan...

thanks,

peter
edinburgh

--

    mailto:pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk

This e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If this message was not addressed to you, you have received it in error and any copying, distribution or other use of any part of it is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of the British Geological Survey. The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed and the BGS accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit messages from or to the
BGS. .                            http://www.bgs.ac.uk