Re: Oracle 10g

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:11:31 -0700 (PDT)

> Dear All,
>
> We are having Oracle 8.1.6 Under HP UX 11.0. We are
> going to migrate Oracle
> 8.1.6 into Oracle 10g under Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> AS 3.0 (64 Bit Standard
> Edition).
>
> Please give some useful tips for the above project.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Balu.

Migration guide for 10g up on OTN.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/database10g.html

unfortunately, the 10g library is throwing a 404 currently. you may as well download the entire set. If you're going to take more than a month or so to plan this, you might as well upgrade to 8.1.7 first. I can't recall if one can migrate from 8.1.6 to 10g, its been several years since I used 8.1.6.

A test restore/recovery of a backup set, such as a cloning for a practice migration test would be an excellent idea.

Pd