Re: Oracle 9.2.0.5 "10046" Tracing Causes Server Crash on Windows 2000?

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:50:45 -0400

I need to be more specifc,
In my case all of my partitioned tables have a degree of 1 ie. no parallel. If a query fires off on the table which doesn't use a global index or if the partitioned key is specified then the query will serialize. So if a user specifies where jack = 'NONE' and I don't have a bitmap index on jack then the query will serialize. If I put a local bitmap index on jack and the partitioned key is not specified in the query then a parallel index probe into each local index.

Mike