Re: MBA for database people

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:16:43 -0400

I think if you're looking at an MBA you're looking at a career change. MBA's manage people/projects not databases. I thought about it but the idea of countless hours of meetings, time spent preparing powerpoint presentations turned me off.
My brother in law was programmer who wanted more in IT so he got his MBA. He's now in India 10 days/month working on the final stages of offshoring all of his companies programmers/development. No joke. Don't think he has many friends left in the department but I don't think he cares.

Mike