RE: MBA for database people

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:51:45 -0500

I don't know about an MBA helping you advance within a company. If you're a DBA, while it will definitely help you get a job and also help you get a higher entry salary (in my experience and opinion), us technical types are so type-cast into our role that we will never be taken seriously for any other positions. Especially when you're considered quite effective as a DBA, what would be the incentive of the company to allow you to leave your position?

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio