Re: Oracle 9.2.0.5 "10046" Tracing Causes Server Crash on Windows 2000?

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:40:55 -0400

Queries will automatically go in parallel if you have partitioned tables and your queries don't use the partition key unless you use a global index. I read that there was 250 simultaneous sessions. If you have lots of partitioned tables with lots of users querying these tables without specifying the partition key, I think you'll hit a performance problem pretty quickly just on maxing out cpu.
What kinds of indexes do you have on the partitioned tables? I use bitmaps on the partitioned tables and they fly. Very small, helps performance alot.

Mike