Re: Oracle 9.2.0.5 "10046" Tracing Causes Server Crash on Windows 2000?

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:56:06 +0300

Hi Tanel,
.
Have you good advace how to disable parallel operations usage by CBO if input conditions are:
1.
parallel_max_servers must be at least 8 for maitemenace reason (backups etc.)
2.
there lots of partitioned tables
3.
NOPARALLEL hint not so usable, bacause there 3d party applications 4.
There 4 CPU server
.
Oracle CBO engine constantly tying to use Parallel operation. What is the best way How to disable parallel operation on your opinion? .
.
Jurijs
+371 9268222 (+2 GMT)

Thank you for teaching me.
http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
03.08.2004 17:46
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Oracle 9.2.0.5 "10046" Tracing Causes Server
Crash on Windows 2000?

It seems that, you are using parallel query and cursor_sharing=force|similar
here, it might be that the problem occurs when all of these features "collide". Do you need your query to run in parallel? (parallel option triggers lots of bugs, including data/query result corruption ones, in my experience).

Tanel.

=