RE: MBA for database people

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:44:53 -0400

Hi, I am a Senior Oracle DBA and am an MBA coach for a senior systems analyst at out company. Our company is large and although performance is highly valued, the relational IQ is high on the list as critical factors for success. The MBA he is doing is not in the computer science area and it a nice complement to his skills and opens all kinds of doors for unique positions. I personally think a blend will do you best personally and professionally. If I were do work at my degree again... (back in early 80's ... I would include a minor in communications..as strange as it may sound). Great ideas and plans seems to die with out good marketing and communications lobbying.
Just my observations
Cheers,
Brian Spears

PS. An MBA coach is a newer strategy created at some Schools. The MBA student discusses and bounces ideas off the coach in most of his assignments and projects. Industry has found much success with top level company personnel having coaches.