RE: oracle 9i LogMiner

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:32:59 -0500

Raj

   Thanks. Excellent tip. My problem was that I hadn't previously used LogMiner, so I wasn't sure how harmless it is to create a dictionary. Also, I thought maybe LogMiner would treat the databases as identical -- learned that ain't so.

   But even without a dictionary, LogMiner did yield a lot of useful information.
 This brings up a couple of questions for the list:

  1. Has creating a LogMiner dictionary ever caused anyone a database problem?
  2. If your site is under change management, do you file a change request in order to create a LogMiner dictionary?

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive." -- C.S. Lewis