RE: MBA for database people

From: April Wells <AWells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:26:53 -0500

I had some really good advice from a very smart advisor when I was doing undergrad.

If you get an MBA, you will be better able to apply technology to business and business to technology and you will be an entirely different kind of employee. I finally finished mine after having to change schools twice. I'm way less proud of the one I got than had I gotten it at Pitt, but I got it, and I find what I learned to be immensely valuable in understanding WHY I'm doing something and how "they" think.

Did it help me get ahead? No. The company didn't even acknowledge that I had gotten it. BUT, that isn't why I did it... and it isn't why I would get another one if I get the chance to be in a place where I can get the MS in IS (or CS) that I want.