RE: 10046 event is useless in 9.2.0.4 version for response time measuring !!!

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:22:08 +0300

>The problem with 9.2.0.4 is measured in hours at worst. The problem with
>being tricked by V$ data is often measurable in months.
.
I haven't mentioned to use V$ :))))) in my post. It is seems, you so often have told peoples that Method R is better then Method C, that this is automatic answer from your side ;)
I not intended to declare that I am going to use V$. I just wonder, that so stupid thing can occur in release of Oracle, which is so popular and before I have discovered this issue, were default chose that I suggest to customers to use.
.
>I'm not sure whether there's a 9.2.0.4 back-port available. It's a good
>question to ask Oracle.

There is no one-off patch for this issue, at least publicly, available from metalink.
Mogen! Could you please comment on that? Is it possible to ask Ora development thought your channels?