RE: (re): stupid grant question

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:55:35 -0400

Ryan,

For gathering stats, what I do is to create a database package that performs the gather_stats command. I can then grant execute access of that package to the specific user. Works like a charm for me. I even thru some simple security into the picture to control what tables they may gather stats on. The package also allows users to drop and recreate indexes.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of the package. It's pretty simple.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional