RE: Normalization

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:28:27 -0400

My IBM DB2 UDB manuals recommend you normalize all designs to 4th normal form. If you must denormalize you go down to 3rd normal form. Denormalizing usually creates more problems than if fixes. The real problem is that most designers/developers cannot even design to 3rd normal form correctly.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --