Re: dropping global temp tables

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:21:32 -0600

Dropping works fine fore me (as well as Mark). Nobody can have the table in use, of course, if you want to drop it. If you are the only one who has been using the GTT and you have problems dropping it, truncate it first to release any allocated space, then the drop should succeed. Of course disconnecting the session an reconnecting (as Guang suggested) achieves the same effect.

At 01:43 PM 7/29/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry if this is the dumb question for the day, but how does
>one go about dropping the definition for a global temp
>table? DROP TABLE doesn't do the job for me.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com