RE:Annoying full export full import

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:23:34 -0400

Doing a full export from 8.0.6 to import of 9.2.0.4 you would think that = dependencies would be handled correctly.

I found out however that views were created (not even showing up with a = definition and an invalid status) due to database links not being there. =  However, the import did do database links at some point. I am running = the import a second time with rows=3Dno hoping to save myself some time.

I thought all permissions are granted/handled through full = export/import. However, a number of permissions to sys. objects were = not. That must be because I ran the full export/import as system - = right? If I had run it under "sys" then that wouldn't have happened = because the permissions would be there? =20

Any suggestions for a cleaner full export/import between 8.0.6 and = 9.2.0.4?

Thanks,
Paula