RE: iozone Solaris8-64-VXFS compilation error

From: Rognes, Sten <Sten.Rognes_at_schwab.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:47:09 -0700

> You may be needing some
> packages that you don't have installed or the compiler might be deficient.
> Try asking the question on http://access1.sun.com/ or try downloading gcc
> and see whether that helps you.

Thanks Mladen.
One of the iozone authors, Don Capps, kindly confirmed that he'd seen this before and the issue is the Sun compiler(bug). I previously tried the GNU/gcc route which works fine as long as one are compiling 32bit. However, I did not have much luck with 64bit/VxFS, even after editing the make-file for the compiler differences.

Sten