Re: Anyone implented compiled PL/SQL?

From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

I wanted to, but since there is a recommendation from Oracle to use Natively compiled part for code that doesn't change often, I dropped the idea. Plus we don't really do math intensive work, most pl/sql code we have, accesses db all the time, so not sure if native compilation would have helped. Plus invalidated code could be a *fun* scenario.

Raj

> Hi,
> As part of our move to 9i, we're looking at various features, and I'm
> wondering about compiled PL/SQL. Does anyone have any experience with
> it? Any major issues or problems? Is there any gold at the end of the
> rainbow? (Does it actually provide noticeable performance improvement?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mark
>
> PS Oracle 9.2.0.5 (64-bit) on Solaris 8.
>
> --
> Mark J. Bobak
> Oracle DBA
> ProQuest Company
> Ann Arbor, MI
> "On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray,
> Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
> answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of
> confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
> -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Best Regards
Raj

select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail