RE: Sun E25K problems with Oracle 9.2.0.4 - 64 Bit Solaris 8

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

George:

I won't buy your Sun Admin's comments. Sun's high end servers always(E15k/25k) creates lots of problems and you should have asked customer references before going to 25k. I know another e25K customer who is also having lots of troubles and stability issues.

I would like to see the statspack during spikes and get the top consumer using '/usr/ucb/ps -aux | pg ' command during the spike. This will tell which process is eating CPU during that time and if my hunch is right, it would be a sys/root process.

You have not provided the network/hardware details. I assume you will be using RSM or Fire-link cards connected to high-speed switch. From the symptoms , I think there is something obvious missing somewhere and you can easily find it ,if you start investigating with event 10046 ;)

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/