RE: AWR Licensing

From: Tony Jambu <tjambu_freelists_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:58:34 +1000

Hi Kirti
There is nothing stopping anyone from accessing the views and functions.

Be aware that these option packs are not offered with the Standard Edition or Standard Edition One RDBMS.

So you think that you are doing the right thing by not using these products and will not require these optional packs right? In reality, you may be using them without knowing it.

The underlying objects, programs and views are created by default in 10g. If you access any of the following views:

·       The V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY dynamic performance view
·       All data dictionary views beginning with the prefix DBA_HIST_* along with their underlying tables.
and others mentioned in the link above, you are required to purchase the optional EM packs.

Basically big brother is auditing _all_ the features you are accessing!

ta
tony