RE: AWR Licensing

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:31:54 -0500

Pete

   Just to clarify that to the extent that the licensing fee goes to support your salary, I feel it is going to a good cause. I always appreciate an Oracle employee who is brave enough to participate on the list.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive." -- C.S. Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 9:33 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On 07/27/2004 10:09:51 AM, Pete Sharman wrote:
> Statspack? Sure, still being enhanced for those poor individuals who
can't=
> afford the diagnostics pack. ;)

So, the artist formerly known as OEM will become an integral, though separately
licensed part of the core product, just like partitioning option or Intermedia?
I must say that I haven't expected it to happen so soon. I didn't even install
OEM on my Linux PC, but I see that I made a mistake. I know that you're not a
salesman, although you'd make a good one personalitywise, but how much does diagnostic pack cost?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA