Re: AWR Licensing

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:51:23 +0200

Heh-heh. Is it my memory doing crazy things again, or did you also advise customers to buy diagnostics pack and tuning back before it became useful with 10g? Or did you tell the truth also back then?

Statspack is still there with 10g, works as it should, and Connie Green from Oracle Development (member of the OakTable like you :-) ) is still enhancing it, I think.

With Statspack, 10046 and all the other free stuff available I think it's still possible to find performance problems without the new packs. But they are cool in their concept and implmentation. Just not with the license implemtation model :-).

Mogens